Friday, February 4, 2011

Right under my nose


Wrote this a few months ago:
I feel very stupid. I always said I'd check this place out, but in 5 years, I never did. The treasure trove that is the Eastern Cape Arts and Crafts Hub has been right under my nose and I never thought to walk in before last Wednesday - I'm leaving for college on Saturday. Big mistake. Another mistake was forgetting to charge the camera's batteries before going back again on Friday for blog pics. I ended up using my phone camera. Gosh, I'm such a genius.


Xhosa bead works: (from top to bottom) top, belt, and necklaces.

leather duffel; leather and raw hide mat

pillows of leather, raw hide, and/or handpainted calico or cotton; canvas and raw hide back pack.

tea set; beaded condiment containers; tall stem vases

beaded earrings and various beaded items

traditional clothes of the Xhosa tribe
don't know what happened to this pic...



decorative comb with matching earrings

hair clip

Entrance on Textile Road in Vulindlela Heights

No comments:

Post a Comment