Friday, January 7, 2011

9-year-old Jodi Carpenter is sweet, smart, loves animals, and is a huge Justin Bieber fan. She's also the most adorable little fashionista I've ever met. I interviewed her before dinner at her house, but only after being introduced to her new hamster, Snowball. Her outfits are ready, laid out in her pink and purple bedroom covered in tween celebrity posters (she has purple curtains like me!). As she changes into the first outfit, I move a dollhouse out of the way so we can use the curtain as a back drop.

I ask, "What's your style like?" She shrugs and says she likes all kinds of stuff. She loves dresses, but not the stuffy kind that people only wear to weddings and funerals.


There is one white dress that she adores because it's princess-like. Her favorite dress is a black one with pink polkadots and her favorite pair of shoes are a pair of cork-wedge heels with a braided pink, black and white strap, as her favorite black boots with buckle detail don't really fit too well anymore.

She also tells me that lately she's really into shorts, as she dons her favorite pair (which cost R400, or around $60) for the next photo, with a t-shirt and crochet vest (R200/about $30).

When asked if there are any celebrities whose style she likes, she cocks her head to the side, thoughtful, and replies with a laugh, "No, not really. I just wear what I like." Why post this, you ask? Simply to remind myself and everyone else that fashion should be fun.

2 comments:

  1. really? I like the look with the shorts - her pose has such attitude!
    thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete