Sunday, February 13, 2011

Making the Cut

Using Subtraction Cutting, a pattern method created by genius designer Julian Roberts (this link will only work on wednesdays between 10:00 am and 8:00 pm - weird, I know), my awesome classmates and I created some masterpieces from scrap fabric on Thursday. Here's mine:


and a few of my classmates:




 

 










 












The method is based on a theory of 'negative space'; by working from a 'cylinder'of fabric and eliminating this negative space, we can create unique, multifunctional clothing pieces that will never look the same twice. I think... The concept is a little vague unless you see it done. Let us know what you think! Hugs, kisses, and fashion sketches. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Now that... Is awesome... Don't really care abot fashion that much (as a guy).. But seriously some great work there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Craig, I'll pass that on to my classmates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. theres definitely some great draping going on

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely love your designs :)

    http://little-drops-of-honey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete