Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No Fear.

Kangol nail polish in taxi cab yellow and barbados green

So my birthday tomorrow officially marks the end of the festive season - for me. Christmas was a great end to a not-so-great year. 2010 was rough, but I'm here - thank God - and I plan to make 2011 a freshman year to remember. I have dreams and aspirations - wow, that dripped of cheesiness - and I plan to grab life by the horns and make my dreams come true - more cheese. Fear, my #1 enemy, will NOT cripple me this year. People like me are always telling other people to be brave, but we hardly ever call ourselves out on our own fears. I'm a fashion lover who's sometimes afraid to wear what I really like because dad will give me that look (the I-don't-get-it-but-I-think-I-should-disapprove look), or the older sis will roll her eyes, or the younger will laugh her head off, or everyone else will cock their heads to the side and ask curiously, "Dupsie, why are you dressed like that?" Let them ask. Let them stare. I officially refuse to care. I think I'll wear these felt antlers to registration day. Maybe the whole orientation week. Ha. Take that, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment